By using our (“Urban Mysteries Co”) facilities it is deemed that you understand and accept our terms of play as detailed below. Nonadherence to our terms may result in the termination of your experience without refund and will make you liable for any damage or loss.
We take the health and safety of our players and our team very seriously; we will take all reasonable steps to reduce the potential for exposure to Covid19 at our venue including cleaning, disinfecting, and sanitising rooms between sessions. To assist us in ensuring a high standard of control all players must:
- Not attend if you, or any one within your party is exhibiting Covid like symptoms and has not had a negative covid test within 12 hours of the booking time.
- Agree to use hand sanitiser when entering and exiting the experience.
- Maintain 1.5m distance from our team members, and other groups within our venue
DON’T FORCE IT – you understand that the mystery room experience is an amusement service and intended to be an intellectual challenge for your entertainment and not to test physical abilities in anyway. You may interact with and explore the environment, but the experience does not involve any physical challenges. No activity requires excessive force or physical activity that may cause damage or harm to people or property.
LOOK AFTER THE SPACE – you accept liability for the cost of any damage to the facility caused by your party, this can include damaging, misplacing or modifying items (e.g. passwords on padlocks) or damage caused by you to another person’s property. Urban Mysteries are not responsible for damage to your property.
NO SPOILERS – Without the permission of Urban Mysteries you agree not to disclose any videos, photos or any other business or technical information, for example information on puzzles, solutions, game flow or elements revealed to you during your experience.
NO COPYING – You agree not to use, copy, reproduce, modify, adapt, translate, create derivative works, publish, transfer, distribute, or sell information Urban Mysteries considers confidential.
CONDITIONS OF ENTRY – Urban Mysteries reserves the right to refuse entry to any person. You will not be able to participate in the experience if you are under the influence of drugs or alcohol or act aggressively toward our team.
LOOK AFTER YOURSELF – if you are in poor health or impaired by a medical condition that could be worsened using the facilities you will not be allowed to participate as a matter of precaution. You are responsible for your own wellbeing and should consult a medical professional before participating if you have any concerns.
SPECIAL EFFECTS – Low levels of lighting, sound and smoke effects may be used during your experience. No actors or jump scares are used within our mysteries.
SAFETY FIRST – In the event of personal injury you authorise Urban Mysteries to take all reasonable steps to manage the incident, and you agree to cover any costs of emergency medical treatment and ambulance transport.
UNDER 18 – Players under the age of 16 years must be accompanied by at least one 18+ playing participant. A liability waiver will need to be completed by an appropriate parent/guardian for any person under 18. Players under 5 years of age are not permitted to participate in our rooms. Persons under the age of 18 are not permitted within The Mystery Bar.
PHOTOS – At the end of your experience you will be given the option of having a team photo taken. These images will be available to you at no cost. You authorise Urban Mysteries to use these photos for promotional purpose, for example uploading to social media websites.
FOOD AND DRINK – Food or drink must not be consumed whilst engaging in the experience (excluding bottled water).
EMERGENCY – The entry to your experience will remain unlocked for the duration of your experience, you may exit the room at any time but will require a team member to allow you entry again, there may be a delay for re-entry until a team member is available.
PERSONAL ITEMS – You may keep your personal belongings with you in our rooms. Urban Mysteries hold no responsibility for your items and any loss or damage to said items is at your own risk. No dangerous items, sharp objects, lighters or matches are permitted into our facility.
Must be signed by all participants and a parent or legal guardian for any participant under 18 years of age.
I HEREBY ASSUME ALL OF THE RISKS OF PARTICIPATING IN ANY/ALL ACTIVITIES ASSOCIATED WITH THIS ESCAPE THE ROOM EVENT GIVEN BY URBAN MYSTERIES CO (REFERRED TO HEREIN AS “UMC”), OF 102 GAWLER PLACE, ADELAIDE, SA, 5000, INCLUDING BY WAY OF EXAMPLE AND NOT LIMITATION, ANY RISKS THAT MAY ARISE FROM NEGLIGENCE OR CARELESSNESS ON THE PART OF THE PERSONS OR ENTITIES BEING RELEASED, FROM DANGEROUS OR DEFECTIVE EQUIPMENT OR PROPERTY OWNED, MAINTAINED, OR CONTROLLED BY THEM, OR BECAUSE OF THEIR POSSIBLE LIABILITY WITHOUT FAULT.
I certify that I understand this activity has potential inherent risks including but not limited to:
- Mental stress and anxiety
- Confinement in a small space with multiple persons
- Potential of failure to escape the room within the 60-minute allotted time
- Use of simple tools and manipulatives
- Potentially moving or lifting objects weighing no more than 1kg
- Physical activity, including bending, reaching, twisting, pulling, pushing, lifting or carrying
I certify that I have no physical or mental illness that precludes me from participating in this activity in a safe manner for myself or others. I am not under the influence of drugs or alcohol which impairs my ability to maintain my safety awareness or endangers others. I acknowledge that this Accident /Release of Liability Waiver and Media Release authorization will be used by UMC and that it will govern my actions and responsibilities at said activity. I agree that all staff or authorized agents may, at their sole discretion, determine it unsafe for myself or others for my participation to continue, remove me from the premises by their authorisation or any lawful means.
In consideration of my participation in this activity, I hereby act for myself, my executors, administrators, heirs, next of kin, successors, and assigns as follows:
- I WAIVE, RELEASE, AND DISCHARGE from any and all liability, including but not limited to, liability arising from the negligence or fault of the entities or persons released (UMC), for my death, disability, personal injury, property damage, property theft, or actions of any kind which may occur to me, THE FOLLOWING ENTITIES OR PERSONS: The directors, officers, registered agents, owners, employees, volunteers, representatives, and agents of any and all entities authorizing this activity, including but not limited to: the property owners.
- INDEMNIFY, HOLD HARMLESS, AND PROMISE NOT TO SUE the entities or persons (UMC) mentioned in this form from any and all liabilities or claims made as a result of participation in this activity, whether caused by the negligence of release or otherwise.
- INDEMNIFY AND DEFEND the entities or persons mentioned in this paragraph against all claims, causes of action, damages, judgements, costs or expenses, including attorney fees and other litigation costs, which may in any way arise from my or family’s use of or presence upon the facilities of the Company;
- OBSERVE AND OBEY posted rules and warnings, and further agree to follow any oral instructions or directions given by the entities or persons mentioned above in this paragraph;
- I AGREE TO PAY FOR ALL DAMAGES to the facilities of the entities or persons mentioned above in this paragraph caused by any negligent, reckless, or wilful actions by me or my fellow players. UMC are not responsible for any damage to or loss of your property.
- I AGREE THAT I WILL USE GOOD BEHAVIOR and judgement while participating in this activity and if I am requested to reschedule by the entities or persons mentioned above in this paragraph, I will comply. I acknowledge that the members, directors, officers, employees, volunteers, representatives, and agents of any authorizing entity are NOT responsible for the errors, omissions, acts, or failures to act of any party or entity conducting a specific activity on their behalf.
- CONSENT TO REASONABLE MEDICAL TREATMENT which may be deemed advisable in the event of injury, accident, and/or illness during this activity.
- AGREE TO CAPTURING OF MY LIKENESS including photo, video and voice to be used for any legitimate purpose that UMC decides, and assigns. Such uses may include by are not limited to posting on social media. This permission will remain in force and shall continue indefinitely unless I revoke my permission in writing. I hereby waive the right to any payment for signing this release and waive the right to receive any payment from UMC.
- MAINTAIN CONFIDENTIALITY and acknowledge that during my experience in the facilities of UMC I will learn certain information that must be maintained confidential. I further acknowledge that my disclosure of any such information to third parties and or the public, including through digital mediums and social media would result in irreparable harm to UMC. Based thereon, I agree that any and all information I may obtain concerning the operation of UMC must be maintained confidentially and I expressly agree that I will not disclose or cause to be disclosed such confidential or proprietary information to third parties or the public, including through the use of social media or other digital outlets.
THIS ACCIDENT WAIVER AND RELEASE OF LIABILITY SHALL BE GOVERNED AND INTERPRETED IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE LAWS OF THE STATE OF SOUTH AUSTRALIA. ANY ACTION, PROCEEDING OR LITIGATION CONCERNING MY PARTICIPATION IN THIS ACTIVITY MAY ONLY BE BROUGHT IN SOUTH AUSTRALIA, AUSTRALIA, AND I HEREBY AGREE THAT THE COURTS OF SOUTH AUSTRALIA, SHALL HAVE EXCLUSIVE JURISDICTION OVER ME AND THE SUBJECT MATTER OF ANY SUCH PROCEEDING. THE ACCIDENT WAIVER AND RELEASE OF LIABILITY FORM SHALL BE CONSTRUED BROADLY TO PROVIDE A RELEASE AND WAIVER TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMISSIBLE UNDER APPLICABLE LAW.
I CERTIFY THAT I HAVE READ THIS DOCUMENT AND I FULLY UNDERSTAND ITS CONTENT. I AM AWARE THAT THIS IS A RELEASE OF LIABILITY AND A CONTRACT AND I SIGN IT OF MY OWN FREE WILL.